Anna obtained her Bachelors degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rhodes University in 2010. She graduated with distinction and in the top 10 percent of her class.
In 2018, she completed a short course in digital marketing through the University of Cape Town in partnership with GetSmarter.
In 2017, Anna participated in the University of Iowa’s massive open online course (MOOC) in creative fiction and non-fiction writing.
Writing portfolio: Experience
- Content writer: Accenture (2017-present)
- Content writer: Discovery (2018)
- Book reviewer: Sunday Times (2015-present)
- Rapporteur: Public Service Accountability Monitor (2017)
- Assistant editor: Books LIVE (2014-2015)
- Multimedia content creator: EPIK e-Press
- Print and digital editor: COVER Publications (2014)
- Commissioning editor: Rhodes Journalism Review (2013)
- Social media manager: Rhodes School of JMS (2013)
- Arts journalism intern: Cue (2010)
- Intern: Grocott’s Mail
- Writing – news, features, long-form, reports, web content, blogging, social media content, books
- Editing – proofreading, fact checking, beta reader, sub editing, commissioning editor
- Journalism – interviews, investigations, academic research
- Digital marketing – web design and analytics, SEO, online writing, online advertising, social media and web PR, email marketing, mobile marketing, digital marketing strategy document and content plans
Intuitive, a good listener, confident public speaker, critical thinker, team player, adaptable, creative, desire to learn, resourceful, courteous, sense of humour, motivated, perseverance, punctual, trainable, authentic